I was so intrigued by my sweet friend Stacey Woods' blog project, Five on Friday, that I wanted to join in. Just can't help myself. So here's the deal . . . every Friday we're all sharing five of something - five whatevers. Maybe my five favorite ways to eat cookies . . . or five things you probably didn't know about me . . . or five things from the kiddos or the hubby . . . or five things to do with cookies - you know I'm full of ideas about cookies, so I'm sure they will grace this project a LoT!!
This week, for many reasons, has just been a tough week. You know how sometimes you just feel you're getting beaten from all sides? This was one of those weeks. And the knockout punch was something someone said regarding my sweet Kahlee girl and our journey to make her a permanent part of our family, legally speaking. It put me to the mat. And so, for my first Five on Friday, I'm going with five favorite things about my Kahlee.
- I melt when she says, "I wuf you Mommy." And then when she goes on to, "And I wuf Daddy, and I wuf Yaya (her sister), and I wuf Mats (Max, the dog), and I wuf your new shoes (had them for years), and I wuf my room, and I wuf my fwiends, and I wuf my teachers, and I just wuf everyone."
- I love how tough she is. Trip and fall? Doesn't care, she's right back up and on with it. Tell her she can't do something? She'll show you right now that she can (ok, so I don't always love that part of it). I think she'll be one of those little girls who is always getting her clothes dirty and who is always beating up the boys. But then she'll hug them when she's done. And tell them she wuf's them.
- Her new favorite thing is Bumbumbum - that is, bubblegum. And she's sneaky with it. And she thinks it's a meal. Unfortunately, because of those things, she probably has 3/4 of a pack of Trident and about six feet of bubble gum tape in the bottom of her belly.
- I love her deep belly laugh, when she gets really tickled by something. Still some of that baby giggle, and it sounds like it's coming from way deep inside, like she's just completely happy from the inside out.
- I love that she's been a part of our family for almost two and a half out of her three and a half years, and to me she's been here always. That when I look at her I see my daughter, and when she looks at me she sees her Mama. And that's all there is to it.
Have your own Five on Friday? Click here to link up with Stacey's site.