There's this great interview between parents and their children making its rounds on Facebook. So a few nights ago, I took advantage of some "Mommy and Hailey time" to ask my four year old some questions about me. Here's what she had to say . . .
1. How would you describe Mommy?
I really don't know, Mommy. Are we almost done? Can we play Webkinz when we're done?
2. What makes me happy?
Umm, being good and not doing anything wrong.
3. What makes me sad?
Not listening and not doing the right things.
4. What is something I always say to you?
Here comes the kissing bug! (This followed by lots of giggles)
5. What makes me laugh?
When I say, "I love you, I miss you, I'll see you tomorrow."
6. How old am I?
I don't know . . . . 43?? (oh my . . . I'm speechless)
7. How tall am I?
8. What is my favorite thing to do?
Watch me play and play with me.
9. What do you think I do when you’re not around?
Do laundry (sad, but true)
10. If I became famous one day, what do you think it would be for?
Because you have a cookie store (gotta love a girl who can dream)
11. What am I really good at?
12. What am I not so good at?
Playing the car game on Webkinz.
13. What is my job?
Making cookies for customers.
14. What is my favorite food?
15. What do I do that makes you proud?
Making cookies. (I'm sensing a theme here . . .)
16. If I were a cartoon character, who would I be? Why?
Tinker Bell. Because you look like a fairy princess. (winning back some points from that age comment!)
17. What do you love to do with me?
Play with you.
18. How are you and I the same?
We have the same sound.
19. How are you and I different?
Because you're big and I'm a little small.
20. How do you know I love you?
Because Jesus is in our love.
21. What do you think I like most about Daddy?
Going out to dinner with just him. (out of all the things she could have chosen . . .)
22. Where is my favorite place to go?
Sonny's?? . . . no, honey, that's your favorite place! Oh, Checkers? . . . nope, still yours . . . Ok, to Dunedin!!
23. What’s your favorite thing about me?
Playing with you
24. If you could change one thing about me, what would you change?
If you were gone, I would miss you. (wow, talk about melting my heart)
25. Do you know how much I love you?
So so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so much!!!
And . . . end of the interview . . . with many giggles and lots of hugs. Children are a joy, and so often we don't capture these precious thoughts of theirs. How special (and telling) to hear what our kids are thinking!!